Popular Posts

Friday, February 26, 2010

Art Fabric Mills Doll, c 1900


















This doll was sold as a piece of fabric that the buyer cut out at home and sewed together; my friend Karen generously gifted me with it the other day and I was so glad to have it! Most of these you see on the market are very dirty, holey, and faded from years of loving by children, but this one is very clean and almost new looking. It was sold from about 1900 until the 1920s, I believe. If you copy and print out the front and back of the head on a fabric sheet like Printed Treasures, you can make a doll that looks much like the original, in just about any size you want. The original is about 24" tall and I am making a "clone" the same size, but I will also make some little ones. I will post pictures here as I make this doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment