Popular Posts

Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Sad Tale of Disappointment and Dashed Hopes



My pink and white yarn was lost. I looked for it all over the house and it refused to show itself!!
So, defeated, I reordered it and paid for two day shipping. That was last Thursday. I was given a tracking number and on Friday morning my yarn was in Wyoming, which pleased me because I live in WA (state) and Wyoming is fairly close; I expected that my yarn would be delivered on Saturday morning.

However, I checked on Saturday morning and my yarn was now in LOUISVILLE, KY!!! Dismayed, I realized that I had wasted $ and hope on Two Day Delivery. It wasn't going to happen. (sigh)

I had hopes for Monday delivery, but Monday evening arrived as scheduled with no sign of my yarn. It finally arrived late Tuesday afternoon. I was glad to see it, but sorry it didn't arrive in two days and that it was forced to cross the country TWICE. Evidently Saturdays and Sundays don't count when promising two day delivery, but it still took three entire days, not counting the weekend days. I guess they could plead "Christmas Rush" but why did my yarn go from Wyoming to Kentucky?!?! I guess it got on the wrong plane.(sigh)

And, while looking for the knitting book for the garment the yarn was intended for, what should I find but the Original order of pink and white yarn!!! I don't know whether to scream, laugh, or cry. Maybe I'll do all three. (SIGH) 

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm....reminds me of a certain wood lathe story!
    Cuz U-K-W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, yeah, Cuz U-K-W. Easy for YOU to say!!

    ReplyDelete