Popular Posts

Friday, November 16, 2012

Another Meeting of the Quilt Barn Doll Club, Nov. 14, 2012

 It is always so much fun to  drive up to Puyallup to see our "Northern Friends" and work on dolls together. This time they made a doll dress form, using a clear vase as a base; most put buttons in the vase. It was very cool but I am "behind the old eight-ball," needing to make items for our Art Guild's Christmas Sale at our co-op gallery, Six Rivers Gallery, in Hoquiam, WA. So I worked on a sock monkey, and watched them make the little dress forms. I hope they will all send me a picture when their's is totally done. I will post them here, then.

This is a picture of Doreen's collection of dress forms she has collected. She didn't make any of these but brought them along to inspire everyone:
 
 
Karla had put the finishing touches on her elephant that she showed us the month before:
 

 
 
Next time we are all going to make a giraffe! I will be participating in that one, because I will be done with my gallery projects by then.
 
 
Stephanie brought two of her reborns and I couldn't reist this one:
 
I haven't named him yet. I am waiting for that imp that calls herself my "muse" to inspire me. I hope she doesn't come up with some hairbrained name; if she does, I will have to override her yet again!!Here are some more of Stephanie's reborns. I love them all!!!




 
I am glad that Stephanie loves to make these dolls because as much as I love them, I don't want to make one myself.
 

 

:


No comments:

Post a Comment