Popular Posts

Friday, August 27, 2010

I Am Retired and a Global Financier!!

Think you have to be RICH to help other deserving people have a better life? Well, guess what? You don't!! All it takes is an initial investment of $25. If you don't have $25 extra right now, just start dropping coins in a jar until you have that amount, or set aside a small amount each month.
Today I made my 26th loan to Kiva; I've been doing this for a couple of years. I think I have spent around $100 for these 26 loans. I started with a $25 loan, and then made a couple other $25 loans, plus a few $3.75 donations to KIVA for operating expenses. All the rest of the loans were made from money repaid by folks who received the loans--the repayment rate is close to 100%.
KIVA lets me know when I have twenty-plus dollars in my account, and then I can decide to put a couple more bucks in to make another $25 loan or wait until the balance gets to $25. It's truly a gift that keeps on giving, and it makes me feel really good to know that my money is helping someone for whom a small loan makes a BIG difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment