Popular Posts

Friday, March 26, 2010

Planted More Today, March 26, 2010

Today I planted ten pansies and two nastursiums in the two gallery flowerbeds, and some edible pod peas, too. That way, folks walking by or visiting the gallery can munch on them. Came home and planted peas in my own garden. I haven't planted them this early before, so we will see how they do. My goal in gardening this year is to extend my gardening season by planting both early and late.

Bought a couple different tomato plants from the Hoquiam Farmers Market when I was there getting my weekly eggs. One is a yellow one and the other is called Sweet Baby Girl, I think. My problem is that I forget which tomato plant is which, once I get them outside and into the ground. I tried some tomatoes in containers last year, but my tomatoes in the ground did so much better that this year I will put all of them into the ground.

I am also removing the rocks that we put along the fence, lo those many years ago. Water would collect along there and that's why we put the rocks there; it seemed like a good idea at the time. But now I am planting flowerbeds there, so little by little, I am removing all the rocks except those VERY close to the fence. Tedious work, but a little at a time isn't all that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment